Thursday, May 14, 2015

So Here We Go Again...

Once again Dave and I find ourselves on our way to Costa Rica as a sort of vacation/retirement scouting trip.
We came here back in October 2013 and had a great trio. We pretty much settled on the fact that we would want to live on or near the beach and the one real beach town that we visited, Samara, seems like a nice quiet beach town that may fit the bill.
Then we came back home and I started to panic. You see, Dave and I want to retire early (I know, who doesn't),  but in order to do so we have to find somewhere to live cheaply. At least cheaper than the US.  I've had my ears open and have checked forums and blogs and websites, oh my!!! So much information, so many choices, what am I going to do.........breathe!
We went to a living overseas conference last October that helped to consolidate a lot of the information I was getting and also gave Dave a chance to hear about all these places from people other than me. When all was said and done we decided that we would concentrate on Costa Rica until it didn't feel right to do so. I have had to train myself to stop jumping on every new bandwagon and every new place I hear of because that was making me nuts, and just concentrate about learning about what Costa Rica has to offer and then making our decision from there.
So here we go again....

In true Debbie fashion I have picked the earliest flight out meaning that our first day will be a bit rough but we will get right to our first place on the coast and not have to stay a night in San Jose.
We will spend just about 3weeks visiting much of the Central Pacific area including Dominical\Uvita, Manuel Antonio, Quepos and finally Jaco.
I am excited to see what happens next......

No comments:

Post a Comment